day countdown (18)







Friday, July 23, 2010

when you need a reminder


i'm downstairs enjoying my hot cinnamon spice sunset tea, when i hear crying from upstairs.
it's brooke, and she's crying out for mom.
i know my mom is passed out in her room, so i rush upstairs to comfort her.
she stops crying when i whisper to her, and climb in the bed.
"you okay, brooker?"
"yaa, i love you tayor."

2 minutes later, i have a passed out 3 year old in my arms, snoring.
i untangle myself from her cinderella bed sheets, tuck her in, and smiling, go back to my tea.
funny how my sweet little sister knew just the words to make me instantly feel better.
Brooker, my mini-me, i love you too (:

Heavenly Father gave me the most amazing siblings i could have ever asked for.
and sends me the most perfect way to always remember i am loved.




No comments:

Post a Comment